The EAST objectives agreed by the Board and National Members of EAST are as follows:
- Pooling and dissemination of European ATM security information, and promotion of Industry Best Practice documents and guidelines on ATM crime.
- Contribution and consolidation of national best practice guidelines with relevance to ATM security, and to all terminals that have a direct impact on crime perpetrated at ATM locations.
- Promotion of European police liaison at national, regional and local levels with regard to ATM crime, and to crime at all terminals that have a direct impact on crime perpetrated at ATM locations.
- Maintenance of communications channel with Europol and EuroJust
- Represent the security interests of the ATM industry at all relevant European central bodies and institutions.
- Monitoring developments of legislative and regulatory bodies and standards produced by European central bodies (and national governments), and affecting the ATM industry, with a view to preventing excessive regulation and encouraging industry self-regulation.
- Encouraging and facilitating the creation of national and/or regional ATM security working groups in Europe.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the international card schemes.
- Maintaining communications channels with all relevant national and international security working groups focussed on the detection and prevention of crime either directly against ATMs, or indirectly against ATMs through crimes perpetrated at other terminals. These channels to work both ways, feeding information in and passing information out.
- Through targeted invitations to present at EAST meetings, maintain connections with all industries that have a relevance to the physical and transactional security of an ATM during its lifecycle.