EAST Development Director Rui Carvalho (pictured second from the right with Cristian Patti, Fernanda Romero and Oscar Castellano of ATEFI) presented an overview of Terminal Related Fraud and Transaction Fraud in Europe at the fourth Annual Latin American Forum on Security in Payment Systems, held on 24th / 25th October 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The event was organised by ATEFI in order to raise awareness of payment-related crime in Latin America. It focused on physical attacks and cyber threats to electronic payment systems in the region. Over 180 people attended from:
- Ministry of Security of the Province of Buenos Aires
- Argentine Federal Police
- Argentine Federal Administration of Public Revenues (AFIP)
- Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (BCRA)
- Compensating Chamber of the Argentine Republic (COELSA)
- Office of the Prosecutor of the Government of the Province of Buenos Aires
- Ministry of the Interior of Uruguay
- European Association for Secure Transactions (EAST)
- 12 ATEFI Member Networks from 10 regional countries: Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, Ecuador, Colombia, Argentina
- 22 Banks
- Association of Banks of Argentina
- Payment Card Schemes
- Specialist Media Representatives
ATEFI is the Latin American Association of Operators Electronic Funds Transfer and Information Services and represents 20 ATM networks in 14 countries throughout Latin America.
In May 2016 EAST and ATEFI joined forces in order to further strengthen cross border cooperation in combating all types of payment crime including payment card fraud, hi-tech crime and ATM cyber and physical attacks.