EAST POLL January to April 2021
Covid-19, Cash and the future of Payments
Covid-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact our lives. From May to August 2020 EAST ran a poll which asked the question: ‘How is Covid-19 impacting the way you use cash and make payment transactions?’ The results were:
- The majority of the respondents (50%) would use contactless payments whenever possible
- 25% are using a mix of payment mechanisms but prefer not to use cash unless they have to
- 9% are still mainly using cash
- 8% are using a mix of payment mechanisms but are happy to use cash whenever they need to
- 8% have not used cash and don’t plan to
This poll is focussed on how you feel that Covid-19 will affect your use of cash over the next 6 months. Take the poll to express your view (Please select all that apply).
Your opinion counts; Through these research polls EAST regularly seeks to generate insight and opinion from members and non-members on a range of Payment and Terminal security and related issues.
Please check back regularly to share your views. Contact us if you would like to pass additional feedback to EAST on this topic. Past poll results are in the file below.