The 14th Meeting of the EAST Expert Group on ATM and ATS Physical Attacks (EGAP) took place on Wednesday 2nd September 2020. Due to the Covid-19 situation, it was conducted as a virtual meeting and was chaired by Graham Mott of the LINK Scheme.
The meeting was attended by 40 key representatives from Law Enforcement, Terminal Deployers, ATM Networks and Security Equipment Vendors.
- Europol gave a central assessment of the ATM physical attack situation in Europe.
- The ECB gave an update on the latest developments of its Intelligent Banknote Neutralisation (IBNS) Policy.
- National Threat Assessments were shared by representatives from 15 countries:
|Country||Update(s) Given By|
|Austria||Payment Services Austria (PSA)|
|Croatia||MUP - Ministry of the Interior|
|France||Gendarmerie - OCLDI|
|Ireland||An Garda Siochana|
|Luxembourg||Service de Police Judiciare|
|Netherlands||National Police, ING Bank|
|Portugal||Policia Judiciare, Policia de Seguranca Publica|
|Spain||Spanish National Police, Guardia Civil, Autonomous Police of Catalonia|
|Switzerland||Federal Office of Police (FEDPOL)|
|United Kingdom||SaferCash/West Midlands Police (ROCU)|
Experts from the following organisations also contributed to the meeting: ATM Safe, Barclays, Cennox, Diebold Nixdorf, Feerica S.A., HSBC, NCR, Oberthur Cash Protection, Professional Witnesses Group, Scotia Security Group, Spinnaker, TMD Security.
EAST EGAP is a European specialist expert forum for discussion of ATM and ATS related physical attack trends, attack methodologies and counter-measures, threat protection, and for the provision of regularly updated lists of manufacturers of ATM protective devices. The latest lists can be downloaded from the ‘Stained Banknotes’ page on this website (bottom of page).
The Group meets twice each year to enable in-depth and technical discussion to take place. The areas covered include:
- The latest incidents and criminal MOs
- The collection and distribution of best practice guidelines
- The evolution of threats and counter-measures
- Lessons from and on law enforcement