EAST EGAF formulates and co-ordinates joint actions from stakeholders from across the ATM industry in Europe (and from outside Europe as required) to share information and best practice, with a view to reducing the levels of ATM related fraud.
The areas to be covered from an ATM fraud perspective include:
- Threats, i.e. new techniques and equipment
- PIN, Card & Transaction Security
- Protection of the ATM against tampering and the placement of unauthorised connections and devices.
- Discussion on seized criminal devices (with input from forensic experts)
- Promotion of best practice in the technical prevention of crime at ATM locations
- Sharing of information relating to the technical prevention of crime at other payment terminal locations with a view to reducing the levels of ATM related fraud.
EAST EGAF meets three times each year. It is a closed group – membership is by invitation only and is restricted to individuals from EAST member organisations (National and Associate).